The Dexter Institute Advantage
Our students receive 152 hours of training in the safe and effective operation of Class 3 commercial vehicles.
All graduates are guaranteed an offer of employment with the Municipal Group of Companies.
- Students will spend 60 hours building a foundational knowledge of commercial driving by way of classroom instruction.
- Upon graduation, students will be certified in industry required and other standard occupational health and safety courses.
- Students will complete an additional 76 hours of practical driver training.
By the end of this program, students will be able to perform independently behind the wheel of a class 3 vehicle.
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Have a High School Diploma or equivalent
- Have an up-to-date resume
- Have two letters of reference
- Complete the online application form
- Submit a valid Class 5 driver’s license (N must be removed)
- Submit a clean driver’s abstract (must be dated within 3 months at the time of applying)
- Complete the Class 3 Written Test at Access NS
- Pass the Nova Scotia Driver’s Medical Test
All applicants will be invited for an initial (scored) interview, those that score high enough will be invited back for a second interview. Final admission is based on second round interview scores. We are not only looking for the best students — we are looking for future employees.
** May 25 – June 25, 2020
** July 6 – August 4, 2020
There is no cost to apply; tuition for successful applicants is $4000** plus applicable taxes. Tuition includes textbooks, all course material, and Class 3 road test fee.
*pending approval by the Department of Labour and Advanced Education
**subject to change