Participants will be trained to identify the type of fire, select an appropriate fire extinguisher, use the fire extinguisher, and follow procedures to ensure the safety of themselves and others in the workplace. The course includes classroom instruction, demonstration, fire extinguisher familiarization, and a simulated practical fire extinguishment.
Who Should Attend:
This basic fire extinguisher course is designed for anyone who may be required to use a portable fire extinguisher.
At the successful completion of this training module, each participant will be able to:
- Explain the fire triangle and its use in fighting fires
- Describe the different classes of fire
- Identify and describe the different types of fire extinguishers
- Select the appropriate type of extinguisher for a specific class of fire
- Demonstrate the PASS method for using a fire extinguisher
- Demonstrate the emergency procedures to use for fighting fires in the nascent stage