This course has been designed as an introduction to snowmobile safety. The purpose is to make participants aware of the basic operation of the snowmobile and associated safety precautions.
4 hours theory; 2 hours practical
Each participant must have their own snowmobile as well as appropriate helmet and cold weather clothing.
Who Should Attend:
Any person operating a snowmobile.
Upon completion of “Snowmobile Safety” each participant will have an awareness of:
- How to dress appropriately for the cold
- The parts of the snowmobile and how to use the safety features
- How to start the snowmobile and perform a pre-start check
- How and when to drive the snowmobile sitting, standing, kneeling, posting and downhill, uphill and sidehill
- Using appropriate hand signals while snowmobiling
- The implications of ice, alcohol, and environmental illness and how it relates to snowmobiling