This course is designed to train participants in the fundamentals of confined space entry. It introduces participants to the importance of the knowledge, attitude and skills necessary for certification to enter and work in confined spaces. This course meets the requirements and has been approved by Newfoundland WHSCC and is approved and available in both French and English.
16 hours (2 days)
Who Should Attend:
Persons who wish to or are required to perform work in a confined spaces , Supervisors and Safety Personnel
511 (3) (A) NL OHS Regulations- A worker shall not work in a confined space after January 1, 2013 unless he or she has completed a confined space entry program prescribed by the commission.
Prerequisites: Fall Protection (NL WHSCC recognized FPP course)
- The importance of confined space training
- Legislative roles & responsibilities of workplace parties
- Confined Space Entry legislation
- Roles and responsibilities of employers in developing entry plans for confined space work.
- Roles and Responsibilities of persons who are working in confined spaces
- Safety and health hazards of confined spaces
- The recognition, evaluation and control of confined space hazards through the application of hazard assessments
- Hazardous atmospheres and testing procedures
- Control methods for hazards atmospheres, and/or safety and health hazards
- Confined space entry (CSE) work permit system
- The selection, use, care, storage and maintenance of PPE and respiratory protection
- Confined space entry rescue planning
- Accident / Incident reporting, and the basics of accident/incident (A/I) investigation
Recertification: 3 years