This module introduces each participant to the skills necessary for effective coaching to develop successful workers. Participants will learn the importance of coaching in the work environment. Participants will learn how to apply coaching skills to everyday working situations through practical application of each skill through evidence based approaches.
Variable (4-8 hours)
Following this module, participants will be able to:
- Define coaching and mentoring
- Use tools to assess the coachee
- Employ effective listening skills
- Select appropriate methods for giving and receiving feedback
- Understand effective and efficient models for timely coaching
Coaching is a necessary skill for effective leaders that must be practiced.
- The difference between coaching and mentoring
- The keys to improving listening skills
- Effective Coaching is about increasing the performance and competencies of employees
- Effective Coaching requires the coach to use opportunities in the everyday work environment to provide constructive feedback and praise in a manner that is; timely, specific, consistent, and focused on behavior
- Coaching is a process that can be used to facilitate effective communication and goal setting for the coach and coachee