This course is designed to train participants in the safe operation of overhead cranes. It is designed, however, only to cover the basics of safe overhead crane operation and rigging.
Who Should Attend:
Persons who wish to or are required to operate an overhead crane.
Section 5(b) of the NL Occupational Health and Safety Act states: “Without limitingthe generality of section 4 an employer: - shall where it is reasonably practible, provide the information, instruction, training, and supervision and facilities that are necessary to ensure the health, safety and welfare of his or her workers;
Prerequisite: Rigging training
Upon completion of “Overhead Crane” each participant will have an awareness of:
- How the overhead crane works
- The parts of the overhead crane
- How to inspect an overhead crane
- Operator responsibility for the operation of the overhead crane
- Operation safety precautions
- How to attach, move, lift, stop and lower a load
- Different types of slings and required inspections
- Determining load weight
- Rigging safety precautions
- Hand signals