This course is an approved NL WHSCC course designed to provide training in the knowledge, attitude and skills necessary for certification as a Traffic Control Person.
Who Should Attend:
Anyone controlling traffic and supervisors involved in developing traffic control plans. Certification must be renewed every three years. This may include tow truck personnel as well as construction flags persons.
374(5) NL OHS Regulations – A person shall not work as a traffic control person after January 1, 2011 unless he or she has completed a traffic control training program prescribed by the commission.
- Develop understanding in the importance of consistent training for TCPs.
- Explain the roles of employer, supervisor and employee in health and safety.
- Identify the roles and responsibilities of the Traffic Control Person.
- Describe proper safety for TCPs including, personal protective equipment, environmental hazards, and accident avoidance.
- Demonstrate basic skills in signage, signaling and communication.
- Identify and describe different traffic controls and equipment.
- Examine the work site including the “area”, setting up, removal, inspection and maintenance.
- Examine the work area related to speed limitations, stopping distances, intersections and signage.